AnsweredAssumed Answered

Work offline mode doesn't save lower level parts

Question asked by Devon Berman on Jun 13, 2016
Latest reply on Nov 15, 2017 by Gordon Rigg

I'm trying to load files to work on while I'm offsite without PDM access, so I'm trying to use "work offline".  While I'm 'online', I can click on the Assy that I want to work on, and Get Latest, and then Check Out.  I then click on 'Work Offline', and the Assy is available, but when I open it, it is an empty assembly with all of its sub components grayed out.  When I hover over subassys within SolidWorks, I get the message "Cannot locate the file for the component to complete the operation".

This is confirmed when I navigate with Windows Explorer to my PDM Vault, and the only file visible is the top level assy, as well as a handful of other part files that I have checked out.  My understanding was that offline mode was supposed to pull all checked out assemblies, and their sub components, and then I'd have read-only access to the sub-components.  So, is PDM acting correctly?  Do I have to check out every subassy and part individually (this is a vehicle ~8k parts)?  And if that's the case, is there a 'check all' option when I open the assembly in SW, so that I don't have to click 'check out' on all 8000 parts?

Thanks in advance!  This is all on PDM Standard 2016 (build 16?), and SolidWorks Premium x64, SP3

Outcomes