3 Replies Latest reply on Jun 5, 2008 3:03 PM by Jeff Sweeney

Toolbox or common part

Jaray Mekkaew
      Hi,

I used toolbox for sample assy. only one part and insert screw into assy. check in all file in to vault.
      pdmwe show toolbox part is outside vault. but in our vault not show reference toolbox that used. I exported into excel file still not include that toolbox , How do i setting for toolbox or common part in PDMWE
        • Toolbox or common part
          Jeff Sweeney
          What you are saying makes sense. If the parts are not in the vault, they will not show in the PDMWE BOM.

Are you wanting the toolbox parts in the vault? I got this message from SW tech support a while back:

To enable Toolbox in PDMWorks Enterprise, log in as Admin (only the PDMWorks Enterprise Admin user can change this setting) and start SolidWorks. Navigate to the PDMWorks Enterprise, Options.

Fill in a PDMWorks Enterprise path (no drive letter, no backslash, no UNC path) where the Toolbox library parts should be stored in the vault. Ensure all SolidWorks users have read and write access to this folder.

When a Toolbox part is inserted from the "shared" database - and the assembly is stored in the vault, the Toolbox part will be "copied" automatically into the vault Toolbox location and remapped in the assembly. If selecting another configuration of a Toolbox part already in the vault, that part will automatically be updated with a new version reflecting the other configuration.
          • Toolbox or common part
            Jaray Mekkaew
            Hi, jeff
            I don't care about toolbox part in vault or not, but if answer is no, How do i know a number of toolbox in my assy.
            • Toolbox or common part
              Jeff Sweeney
              If the part is not in the vault, the PDMWE BOM will not count it, thus you will need to use your SW BOM.

I suppose you could use a PDMWE named BOM, but that would be a rather manual process.