1 Reply Latest reply on Jun 27, 2016 5:30 AM by Ales Svoboda

Rollup in EPDM BOM

Wayne Easton

Hi There,

I have numerous assemblies where there are a number of configurations representing different states (A good example is a pneumatic cylinder. Each config shows the cylinder in a different position. They do not represent a different assembly just a different position of the same assembly.) In cases like the example mentioned, all configurations have the same description and PartNo variable.

If the same assembly is used in GA with one config active in the GA showing the sub assembly in one position while the other is active showing the sub assembly in the alternate position. The result in the EPDM BOM is that the assembly is listed as two separate instances with a quantity of 1 for each. I was expecting that even though two different configurations were active, that they would still be listed as a single line item in the BOM if their PartNo and Description was the same for both active configurations. This is possible on a drawing BOM but I cannot see how to achieve this with an EPDM BOM.

Can anyone point me in the right direction if one exists please.

Thanks