8 Replies Latest reply on May 30, 2008 8:26 PM by Charles Culp

Double-click exit sketch issues

Matt McKendrick
      I have run into something new and unexpected that is causing a bit of frustration. When in sketch mode, I have found if I inadvertantly double-click in the graphics area, the sketch closes. Solidworks has always been funny about entity selection with the cursor/pointer, thank goodness for the selection filter. However, I don't like having to toggle it on and off all of the time. Often when I double click a dimension to edit it, even though I am hovering over the dimension, Solidworks doesn't recognize this fact, thus when I double-click, I am double-clicking on the blank graphics area, and the sketch closes. Anyone know of a workaround or setting I can adjust to deal with this? It would also be nice if there was a way to adjust the "cursor accuracy" so that I don't have to be on the exact pixel of the dim, line, edge, vertex, point, or whatever without resorting to snaps and/or the selection filter. There is probably nothing I can do, and I'll just have to adjust my mindset, but I thought I'd ask anyhow.