4 Replies Latest reply on Jun 2, 2008 5:21 PM by Derek Christians

Toolbars don't stay in the same spot

Paul Rachu
      I have a single row of toolbars at the top. I have them arranged like this: _____AAABBBCCCDDD with the underscores being a blank spot and the different letters as the 4 toolbars. When I open up Solidworks they always move to the left so the blank spot is on the right (AAABBBCCCDDD___) If I move a toolbar to the left or right side of the screen (the vertical toolbar area) it will stay where I put it. I have tried putting a toolbar in the second(or third) row on top and it does the same thing. They won't stay all the way over to the right side of the row and always shift left.

edit: I figured out what it is doing now and it appears to be a bug. It is moving the toolbars to where they would be if I have solidworks in a windowed mode and not maximized even though I always keep it maximized and never switch to a windowed mode.

A workaround is to have the windowed mode fill up the whole screen so it is basically the same as being maximized.
        • Toolbars don't stay in the same spot
          Wayne Tiffany
          That's a bit odd as I just threw a toolbar up there (don'tusually have any) with a part file open. then closed the part file and closed SW. Then restarted SW, opened a part file, and the toolbar was where I left it out in the middle of the row, not up against the LH side. Have you tried it just like that and you see it move every time?

WT
            Paul Rachu
            I played with it some more and it wasn't moving all the way to the left side, it was just moving it far enough left so it would be at the far right in windowed mode. That just happened to be all the way left with all 4 toolbars there.
              Derek Christians
              Much of the time, I have found that jumping toolbars are due to user "error" in laying out their toolbars. If you make sure that any toolbars used between parts, assemblies and drawings are in the same locations for each document type, they will usually stay in place. The users I work with that continually have the most problems with jumping toolbars are those who insist on putting the same toolbar in different locations based on document type. If SW has trouble interpreting which location you really want, it picks one for you.