3 Replies Latest reply on May 20, 2008 12:32 PM by Svetlana Antiperovitch

"Fully defined" sketch

Simo Lahti
      Software: SW2008 SP 3.1 and MS Windows XP SP2

This same message went at first to the sheet metal forum, so I post it again...

When I select sketch features by window and mark them fixed they are still moveable. I have to select all free endpoints individually and fix them too before the sketch became really fixed.

Further, how is possible that lines are moveable even if sketch is not active?! If sketch lines were fixed or related for example horizontal, I still can drag them in direction of length. And if they were not, I can drag them anywhere!

Has anyone seen or solved the problem or is only my case!?

-------------------------
      -The Great White Hunter-
        • "Fully defined
          Dan Riffell
          Like Wayne said on your other post, "Turn off Instant 3D".

Also, what color are your sketch entities? Blue? Black?
            • "Fully defined
              Mark Kaiser
              I think what Simo wants when he says fully defined is for the free endpoints of lines not to move either. Correct me if I'm wrong, but if you fix a line that has endpoints not attached to another line, they remain free unless you grab the endpoint and fix them also. This is just the way SW works.

Simo, you won't find many people that advise using the fix relation for a permanant way to define a sketch, just temporary. Most people dimension their sketches to define them if they want them fully defined. Just my opinion.
            • "Fully defined
              Svetlana Antiperovitch

Simo Lahti wrote:

If sketch lines were fixed or related for example horizontal, I still can drag them in direction of length. And if they were not, I can drag them anywhere!

Has anyone seen or solved the problem or is only my case!?

-------------------------

-The Great White Hunter-

Tools - Sketch Settings - Override Dims on Drag/Move. Check off.