5 Replies Latest reply on Jun 27, 2012 12:03 PM by Alex Chitiu

Hole table templates

Rudy Lyon
      Does anyone know where hole table templates that can generate polar coordinates can be found?
        • Hole table templates
          Troy Peterson
          That is a very interesting question. It looks like you would have to create that template yourself unless you luck out and someone here has already created one.
          • Hole table templates
            Mykola Omelayenko

It is really impotent question. But during 2 years discussion has 340 views and no body answered.
            I worked for two companies witch use SW, and all my colleges have headache with polar holes table.
            I know two ways:
            1. Create XY-holes Table --> “Save As” “Excel” --> convert to “radius,Angle” --> print and staple to drawing.
            2. Manually create holes angles dimension --> collect them in “Note” --> “Hide” dimensions.
            But both ways are not good, particularly if number of holes is big and can very. As well both ways are not 100% reliable and safe.
            I very upset that hole table doesn’t allow trigonometry function unlike “Ecxel”.
            Dose any one know the  way to create something like hole table in polar coordinate attached to drawing and automatically updates???

• Re: Hole table templates
                Rudy Lyon

Wow! I had fogotten all about the post from 2007. Thank you for your insight Mykola. It does surprise me that SW does not have this capability as it seems like it would be rather simple to build the trig needed into the hole table template. Howver, in light of the lack of reply posts, it seems that there is little interest in the SW community. 

• Hole table templates
                Mykola Omelayenko

I don’t think that no interest on this problem. More than 40 views are only during one day. But viewers don’t see any solution and post nothing. Actually Autodesk Inventor has same problem. It seems like general prohibition for polar coordinate or SW authors are not familiar with middle school trigonometry.

• Re: Hole table templates
                  Alex Chitiu

I too look for an option for polar coordinates in the hole table.  Has anyone successfully tried any workaround?  Maybe some API?