1-ALSYDC

Design table newbie

Discussion created by 1-ALSYDC on May 16, 2008
Latest reply on May 16, 2008 by Steve Rauenbuehler
So I haven't every really worked with Design tables before but got assigned to take over an issue we were having with design tables that has prevented us from actually using them.

What we are trying to do is have a design table were a user can go into and select a certain obround that we know manufacturing already has a tool for, to insert into the model. The problem we are having is that....say you want to insert a bigger obround in place of the previous one, from the design table...when the new obround is inserted into the model and replaces the previous one, somehow the connection of what the material thickness of the part is, is lost. This problem occured when the company was using solidworks 2006, and since then they have given up implementing the use of the design tables, no one could figure out how to fix the problem. Now that we have Solidworks 2008 they want to see if the problem will still occur......my problem is, I have never used/made/edited a design table and don't really know where to begin. I know that the Design Table works with Microsoft Excel, which I am pretty good in. I know a variety of the formulas and such....
so can someone point me in the right direction?...

Outcomes