5 Replies Latest reply on Jun 12, 2016 11:32 PM by Paul Salvador

UI display of file locations logic ?

Peter De Vlieger

The standard view

Is it just me or do other people as well take an issue with this ?

1/ there's lots of empty room beneath the list of Folders, in other words they could have made that sub-window a whole lot larger. True in most cases it wouldn't be needed but better not needed and it being there then needed and having to scroll, no?

2/ the width can't even deal with the proposed path by SW's own file structure. BUT, no need to fret about it, just stretch the entire window....

which doesn't do a thing except making sure that the list of System options gets proportionally wider with the width of the window, which serves no purpose whatsoever, but the file location folder area doesn't grow at all. The only reason I can see for that is that they took a standard solution provided by Windows and where to lazy or cheap to actual adjust it to the needs of the product.

Yes, we can put in an ER. The question I have is : "Why do we have to do that for something that is quite obvious a shortcoming in how it's set up and why after all these years is it still not taken care of?"  There has been a whole lot of manpower put in re-inventing the icons, which very few wanted or needed or even appreciated, but no one seems to actual look at what's there and how to improve the customer experience, not until enough people start banging fists on tables.

Doesn't management understand that these 'little' things are not unlike detecting burrs and smutches all over a newly unwrapped item instead of a smooth surfaced shiny finished looking item.