Gerald Davis

Fly Out My Way

Discussion created by Gerald Davis on May 15, 2008
Latest reply on May 19, 2008 by Stefan Hamminga
I'm going to start this rant with a specific example and end with a plea for the general ability to control the behavior of flyout menus.

I can use the mouse to move components. The Move Component Fly Down on the Command Manager has Move Component on top with Rotate hidden. Why isn't Rotate the convenient behavior with Move being the more difficult launch?

Most of the time, I'm looking for the Rotate icon, not the Move icon. I can either replace the fly down with separate icons on the Command Manager or memorize a key stroke combination to launch the Rotate function. I use a bunch of different software packages, and memorizing a suite of keystrokes for each one is beyond my feeble mental capacity.

My preference would be to reorder the appearance of who's-on-top in the fly downs.

In fact, there are two kinds of "training" that I'd like to impose on my fly downs.
In one mode, I want them to remember what I did last (that applies to every option on every Property Manager, but that's another topic).

In another mode, I want to specify which item appears as the "sticky" default top dog.

Outcomes