AnsweredAssumed Answered

forming tool on a curved surface

Question asked by Lane McKinnon on May 13, 2008
Latest reply on Mar 12, 2009 by Lane McKinnon
I am trying to draw a sheet metal part with a rolled edge (see attached picture. ignore the handle and the brackets, just the sheet metal part).

I have thought of using a forming tool, but it seems that you can only use them on flat surfaces. I thought about using a flange bent 15 degrees but that didn't work.

I want to use sheet metal so I can flatten out the part for a blank length for the first operations in the shop.

Will solidworks let me do this?