5 Replies Latest reply on Jan 13, 2009 1:31 PM by Aaron Larson

Config options in Model View Placement Window?

Rich Osterreicher
      How come there is NO Configuration Options in the dialog for Model View Palcement? (When in a Drawing)
      And Also, It'd be Nice if there was a "Show in Exploded State" checkbox in the View placement dialog..

It's kinda dumb that we have to Place the view first.. Then select it and then click Properties to make it show a specific config.. and if you want it to show in exploded State...

As it is... It's got a Spot for:
      Orientation..
      Import options..
      Display State..
      Display Style..
      Scale..
      Dim Type.
      Cosmeteic Thread...

So.. It's got darn near Everyhting a user could need.. EXCEPT for configuration setting.. and the Show in Exploded state...

Those settings should be in the Main View placement dialog..
        • Config options in Model View Placement Window?
          Andy Sanders
          I agree.

Also, it would be nice to change ALL model views to the same configuration at the same time without doing each one individually, or having to select every one beforehand.

Just right click on view, and change configuration, then have some kind of button for "All views".

I don't know how many times I forgot to change a config in a critical view, and got burned.

It never made much sense to me that a projected views config does not change when it's parent view config is changed.
              Aaron Larson

Andy Sanders wrote:

I agree.

Also, it would be nice to change ALL model views to the same configuration at the same time without doing each one individually, or having to select every one beforehand.

Just right click on view, and change configuration, then have some kind of button for "All views".

I don't know how many times I forgot to change a config in a critical view, and got burned.

It never made much sense to me that a projected views config does not change when it's parent view config is changed.

Does anyone know if there is an update to this problem? Should this be reported as a bug?? I know it bugs me!
                Eddie Cyganik

Andy Sanders wrote:

This may be one of the stupidest oversights in the software. If a view is a parent view, then all child views must be updated to reflect this change.

Like you said, this should happen without additional requirements from the user.

This to me is a "BUG", no ifs, ands or buts about it. The current workings are just plain stupid.
                Eddie Cyganik

Rich,

Your problems would be solved if SolidWorks were to provide the ability to customize the user interface. There are options that I would set as "defaults" so they would not need to be adjusted a majority of the time. There are other options that I'd eliminate from the interface altogether. Having this capability would provide our users with a streamlined and more efficient interface. We could save time & money while providing for company standards & requirements.