AnsweredAssumed Answered

Saved bodies & object weights

Question asked by Justin Lee on Jun 7, 2016
Latest reply on Jun 8, 2016 by Justin Lee

Quick question about saving bodies, then making drawings of the individual parts..

So I'll draw up a bent pipe part using Structural Members.  Then ill rename the cut-list bodies and run the save bodies command.  This all works fine and i end up with individual part files, but....

(there's always a but...) 

...When I drop one of the newly saved parts into a drawing, the weight populated in the data block is the weight of the original solidworks part, with all saved bodies combined.   I need the data block to populate the weight of this body alone... ideas? 

I don't know much about scripting / macros & what-have-you, so not sure how  to make the proper weight value populate, but im sure there is some way.. just looking for guidance.

Couple images to illustrate:

tine1.jpg

The drawing populates the total weight (29.02lbs) of the original multi-body part.

tine3.jpg

The individual saved body has a mass of 2.18 lbs, how do i get this value to populate in the drawing?

Unfortunately our drawing templates were built by a former employee, who never used saved cutlist bodies. No one here today has any ideas how to fix.

Any guidance is much appreciated.

Thanks!

Outcomes