3 Replies Latest reply on May 1, 2008 8:52 AM by Basil Gello

Wall Roughness

-

• Wall Roughness
          Basil Gello
          Leif,
          You see, Cosmos, as maybe all software packages, is not so powerful to tell the truth So, having solved the flow using the wave Schroedinger's equation in combination with a potential flow equation and comparing the results to a computer-calculated results on a coarse mesh, you will make a big mistake. As far as I know, roughness in CFW is used only to represent the additional drag, but not the wave generation. So, due to a very coarse mesh, it is actually assumed that no waves are created.
          Basil
            • Re: Wall Roughness

-

• Wall Roughness
                  Basil Gello
                  Leif,

you are not alone with such a conversation You see, the owners of code and mathematics in SW now are in quarrell, and that's why only the simplest cases can be considered and solved now by FloWorks. Once I have set up this question here comprising the Motion 2008, the link is here:

https://forum.solidworks.com/forum/messageview.cfm?catid=82&threadid=8323&enterthread=y

That's why currently I am developing my own code that would fit my requirements.

Regards,Basil