3 Replies Latest reply on May 11, 2008 11:45 PM by Anthony Botting

Cosmosflow

kannan mahgee
      Hi,

1) What are the discretization method does cosmosflow used?

2) What are solver used to discretize the governing equation?

3) What are the schemes used in the discretization process?

Thk you.
        • Cosmosflow
          Basil Gello
          Kannan,
          CosmosFloWorks solves the Navier-Stokes equations of an uncompressible flow with turbulence models in a finite-volume interpret, probably using the Riman's or Einstein's dissection. The theoretical background is pretty well explained in Fundamentals.pdf in FloWorks dir.

Regards, Basil
            • Cosmosflow
              kannan mahgee
              Hi,

I am doing an analysis of Cosmosfloworks with other software. Is it possible to get a copy of the 'Fundamentals.pdf in FloWorks' from you? I don't think, I have got access to it.

By having the pdf, it would greatly help me in writing up the advantages of using Cosmosfloworks and how the Cosmosfloworks actually works. There are some default terms that Cosmosfloworks uses and I need your help in understanding the actual default values. By the way, I am a student who is on working on this project.

Appreciate your assistance.

• Cosmosflow
              Anthony Botting
              Hi Kannan: I saw this and believe I can help. The file is over 5MB and it is supposed to be defaulted with installation. Mine is located in path: C:\Program Files\SolidWorks\COSMOS\FloWorks\lang\english\Docs. Good luck. If you cannot locate, try the Windows "search" tool for that file name. If not there, I can upload it to our FTP site. Thanks. Tony