5 Replies Latest reply on May 3, 2008 6:53 PM by Scott Benzie

PDME Web Client

Scott Benzie
      Does anyone use the PDME Web Client to allow their third party vendors to acess there files ??

the reason I ask is that I`m having trouble make the active X component in PDME Web Client downloadable to someone who is not in your Active Directory ...

has anyone else had this issue, any ideas ??

Regards,
      Scott
        • PDME Web Client
          Jeff Sweeney
          Yes, you should be able to allow anyone you want outside of your network into the vault via the web client. (Provided you give them a login.)

The first thing I would look at is your IIS security settings. i.e. if your server is set to require SSL, yet you turned SSL off for your virtual directory, or your users are using http and not https...any wrong combination of these settings would give you the problem you are experiencing.

Pull out the "Web Server Guide" and double check to ensure you didn't miss anything during the installation. Pay special attention to the section titled: "Running PDMWorks Enterprise web server over SSL". If that fails you, the next section I would go to is: "PDMWorks Enterprise Contributor Web client" on page 24 of the 2008 manual.
            • PDME Web Client
              Scott Benzie
              Our SSL is turned off. The only work around I have found with our VAR is too go to the following settings -

Tools > Internet Options > Security > Custom level -

ENABLE, Automatic prompting for ActiveX controls.

Then the activeX installs first time.

This would be a pain for our clients to find, do you know if there is an easier way ?

Regards,
              Scott
                • PDME Web Client
                  Jeff Sweeney
                  Scott, I doubt there is a way for your users to install the ActiveX control if their IE settings are set to forbid it.

Though not as handy, Lee's idea seems to be a pretty good workaround....'cause you don't do the install via IE!
              • PDME Web Client
                We had some of our vendors install the desktop client via a download from our web server. I just zipped up the Setup directory. There used to be a WebClient install, but I don't know what happened to it.

Anyway, that helped with the ActiveX issues.