2 Replies Latest reply on Apr 18, 2008 1:07 PM by Rich Osterreicher

Render to file Folder

Rich Osterreicher
      I guess this falls into the UI catagory...
      When i was running '08sp3.1 with XP,
      I use the Render to file, and the active folder that automatically comes up was alwasy the folder in which the part model is in.. And it'd automatically have the filename the same as the part file..
      I really liked that, Very handy..

But now with '08sp3.1(64) with Vista64, it does not do that. No matter what or where the model file is.. When i click render to file, the Folder it's ponting to is Always My Documents, and the filename is always "untitled"

So, now every time i render to file, i have to manually navigate to the folder where the model file is, and manually type in the file name..

The other way was so much easier and efficient..

Is there a setting somehwere for this?

Thanks,

Edit: Oh and another thing, The file browser window that does come up is so darn small and not sizable either.. It's a PITA to navigate each and every time...
        • Render to file Folder
          Dan Riffell
          Rich, I'm guessing that those issues are Vista issues, no? Maybe check some of the Microsoft UI sites. I'd be interested to hear what you find out.
            • Render to file Folder
              Rich Osterreicher
              Hi Dan,

Yeah, i'm guessing it probably is a vista issue..
              Granted, i'm no expert here.. But the Render to File Dialog is in SW, not windows..
              So why does it behave so different(Badly)?

I can see the look of it being the same as windows... But why the UNfunctionality?
              What would windows have to do with the filename that SW automatically puts in there.. Or the File Location that SW automatically points it to?

The File Open & save dialogs still point to the "active" folder and automatically fills in the filenames as before... That is so handy dandy..
              So if it still does it there, why NOT in the render to file window?