AnsweredAssumed Answered

SolidWorks 2008 API Book - RELEASED

Question asked by Luke Malpass on Apr 16, 2008
Latest reply on Dec 22, 2009 by Sumit Kumar Gupta
###############
UPDATE: Order here
###############

Original post:
"How many of you would be interested if I wrote and published a book on programming and automating using SolidWorks 2007-2008 API.

I would range from basics of recording macros, modelling, materials, properties, data import, property managers, menus, notications, savings, plugins, stand-alone applications, extraction and manipulation, common problems and solutions, tips & tricks, and possibly breif PDMWorks. It will also take you to the stages of releasing your programs to the world, and insight into selling your end result.

The complete working examples would be things like traversing through assemblies, savings drawings, creating configurations, importing/exporting boms and settings, manipulating material properties, creating pack & go tools, advanced printing, integrating to PDM works and much more.

I would be writing and explaining examples in VBA and C#, working on operating systems XP and Vista, 32bit and 64bit. All examples could be found on my forum and supported and discussed there."

Outcomes