4 Replies Latest reply on Apr 14, 2008 6:55 PM by Charles Culp

Heavy edge lines

Armel Spivey
      I am having a problem with a few of my many drawings having a dark part line on both whole parts and section views. I have used the document properties window to set the line font to thin. It doesn't seem to change things. It will on most other drawings, but just a few have this problem. Has anyone had this problem and have you found an answer? Thanks.
        • Heavy edge lines
          Charles Culp
          Check to make sure the drawing view is set to High Quality, it is a radio button selection directly underneath "Display Style" in the PropertyManager for each view. If there is no radio button selection for either draft or high quality, then it is high quality.
            • Heavy edge lines
              Armel Spivey
              Thanks, Charles. I checked that and it doesn't do anything to change it. Here is a strange thing. I can copy the part and insert it into the drawing and there is no problem with the lines on that view. The heavy lines carry through the old parent part to 2 different section views. What I then did was change the reference in the drawing to the copy that I made. When that comes up, the view still has heavy lines. And what I am seeing on the screen is what I get on my print. I would just remake the drawing, but every time I have to do that, I lose time.

Missouri is where I grew up. Columbia to be exact. My brother and sister live in Poplar Bluff and report to me that they have had too much rain and severe weather. Thanks again for the help.
                • Heavy edge lines
                  Armel Spivey
                  I found the answer!

If you highlight the view, and right click on it, there is a selection called "Component Line Font" where you can set it for document default, or make each view as heavy or light as you wish. I don't know if that was done by one of us (I am the 3rd draftsman this company branch has had) or was any type of a software glitch. I had copied this drawing/parts from the previous revision of the part number. It was probably one of us. Anyway, thanks again for the comment, Charles. And good luck.
                    • Heavy edge lines
                      Charles Culp
                      Glad you were able to figure it out.

Today it is sunny and 55°, although the snowstorm yesterday was definitely interseting. The rest of the week should be sunny too, so we have a reprieve. Just don't ask Devon Sowell how his weather is. It is only disappointing for the rest of us.