Michael Atlas

Cosmos 2008 SP3 Non-Linear Restart broken?

Discussion created by Michael Atlas on Apr 14, 2008
Latest reply on Jun 29, 2010 by Michael Koopman
I've called this into my VAR but while they are checking into it I wondered if anyone has any suggestions....

I am running Cosmosworks Advanced Professional 2008 SP3 both on XP64 and XP. At first I thought this was only an XP64 problem but I finally checked it this morning and it does it on XP also.

I am running Non-linear analyses and often start an analysis, run it a step or two, then stop it to check that things are going well before I leave it to run completely. I have recently (since SP3) run into a problem where the analyses don't seem to remember where they are when I do a restart. "The save data for restart" box was checked at the start of the run and the "Restart" box can be selected, but when I do, the start time stays at 0 and the analysis restarts from 0 instead of from the step it was at.

This USED to work just fine. It is very annoying as I lose hours of computation time whenever I can't restart.

I have tried almost so far. I've started in a fresh directory, remeshed, rebuilt the study, etc. Sometimes restart works, sometimes it doesn't. I haven't been able to figure out a pattern of what causes it to fail.

Thanks.

-Mike

Outcomes