3 Replies Latest reply on Mar 31, 2008 12:57 PM by Mike Sveda

Here's our Workflow

Mike Sveda
      It's getting complicated but I have added some ADMIN only loops to move items back to the starting state and an Obsolete state that serves as deleting from use.
        • Here's our Workflow
          Mike Sveda
          And our Solidworks card....
            • Here's our Workflow
              Joy Garon
              Hi Mike -

Looks good. Are you having any problems with it?

Also, I have a questions regarding your SolidWorks data card. Do you use the same card for parts, assemblies and drawings? When does the user fill out the meta data information (in SolidWorks properties or on checkin)?
              Do you always create SolidWorks files from templates? (It appears that you use a template to create the filename (drom document number) - correct?

Cheers,
              Joy
                • Here's our Workflow
                  Mike Sveda
                  Do you use the same card for parts, assemblies and drawings?

Yes.

When does the user fill out the meta data information (in SolidWorks properties or on checkin)? Properties are filled in when the part/asembly is created. Drawings derive their data from the parent.

Do you always create SolidWorks files from templates? (It appears that you use a template to create the filename (drom document number) - correct?

The goal is to create all new CAD data from templates in the database using the PDMWE Template function (I have several for autocad, inventor and Solidworks). We have a custom add-in for the drawing numbers.