4 Replies Latest reply on Mar 28, 2008 12:33 PM by Krishh M

Constrains in Cosmos

Krishh M
      Hi,

I am very new bee to Cosmos. This is a problem I am trying to solve.It would be great if somebody kindly look into and verify the constrains I have given and your recommendations please.

As I explained in the picture,

This is an assembly of Aluminum housing base and plexi glass block. Plexi glass is a 4.5 inch square with 1.5 inch thick where as Aluminum block is of almost same dimensions hole in the middle. Plexiglas is supported on Aluminum on outer surface and small cylindrical surface at center. Whle assembly is supported on with 4 holes at bottom face. A pressure of 6000psi acting on all surfaces.

The constrains I have given

1. Fixed constrain on the face where I mount it.

2. 6000 psi on all outer surfaces (both glass and Aluminum, excluding the surface which I fixed)

3. Global contact condition of 'No Penitration'.

Can somebody look at this picture and suggest me if I am in the right direction or not.

It would be great if somebody help me on this so that I would get some idea how to think on problems like this.

It would be like great great help

Regards,
      mkp.
        • Constrains in Cosmos
          Basil Gello
          Pavan,

Maybe I'm missing something in your intensions, but where is the problem? All constrains and restrains SEEM to be set correctly, there are no errors as far as I can see on the picture. COSMOS will calculate such study anyway, and the results can be verified. So, what is the thing you are anxious about?

Regards,Basil.
            • Constrains in Cosmos
              Krishh M
              I want to know if there is any better way of doing.

Like,

1. Wanted to know, if there is any reson to give local contcat constrin between those 3 contact surfaces I mentioned (By selecting global contact as 'Free'). Do I get any better solution by doing that (say by giving local contact condition of 'no penitration' and 'node to node')????

2. Do I need to give fasterners details (as 'bolt connector') between glass and aluminum housing to let cosmos understnad that they are fasterned ??? or Program understands it that they are fastened each other????

3. Is there anyway, I can find deformation of o-ring material?(if I want to???)

Your answers to these questions will guide me to think in right way in future. Please help me on this,greatly appreciated.

regards,
              mkp.
                • Constrains in Cosmos
                  Basil Gello
                  Pavan,

You can use bolt connectors here, it can be better due to reducing of memory needed to run the analysis. The NODE2NODE contact is more precise, so it will give the more accurate results. And, finally, you can finf the deformation if you specify all the loads on you ring.

Regards, Basil
                    • Constrains in Cosmos
                      Krishh M
                      Hi Basil,

You are the star. I have one more quick question.

How can I give Bolt Connector condition to 4 bottom holes where this whole assembly is mounted by. But Because that is not the actual surface that takes bolt head (because bolt head will be on the other face where it was mounted to and this block has internal threads to it. so it wouldn't nut as well.) I think I need to give grounded bolt connector here.

In gist, question is how to give Head contact face and Target plane in case of grounded bolt connector condition???

Regards,
                      Pavan.