2 Replies Latest reply on Mar 24, 2008 6:51 PM by John Ferguson

Solid/Surface folders

John Ferguson
      Hello All,

Can someone tell me; Was there a good reason for switching up the Solid Bodies/Surface Bodies folders in a part. To my knowledge the Surface Bodies folder has always been above the Solid Bodies Folder , but now in SW08 the Solid Bodies folder is on top. Now maybe you could argue that the Solid Bodies Folder should have been on top the entire time, but don't switch it up now. I can't tell you how many times I've hidden the Solid Bodies when I wanted to hide Surface Bodies.

You could also argue that I'm a complete moron, and I have no business using a quality product like SW. But that is for another discussion.
      Seriously, was there a good reason that escapes me, or was this an oversight?

Muggs
        • Solid/Surface folders
          Wayne Tiffany
          Since you can now hide/show items I wonder if they sort themselves. Solid will come before Surface in an alphabetic ordering.

How do I start the "complete moron" discussion? :-))

WT
          • Solid/Surface folders
            John Ferguson
            Well of the top 10 people that could have responded, so far I would have gotten the order correct.

I'm just a creature of habit, and I don't like changing the way things are done for no good reason.
            I suspect that you are right Wayne, which leads me to believe that it is a alphabetical thing and that the "order change" was never considered.

Muggs