AnsweredAssumed Answered

Notation of values imported from a Excel file

Question asked by 1-CQ45YA on Mar 20, 2008
Latest reply on May 23, 2013 by James Biggs
Hi,

I am working on some models that are created with Design Tables. Those models also have custom properties like "Length" and 'Width" and the values from these properties are taken from the Design Tables used for the models ($PRP@--------). I use these custom properties in the BOM of technical drawings. So far so good. But when I have a number like 2500 it gets a scientific notation (i.e. 2,5*10^4), so I tried to change the Excel files used as Design Tables, by changing the type of cell (number/text/custom. etc) but it did nothing. After that I did some more tests and used a number with 2+ decimals (i.e. 2499,3412), now I just got the full number without the scientific notation, but when I force the number to have 0 decimals (2499) in Excel it still shows the full number in the BOM.
So basically I want to have normal (non-scientific notation) numbers without decimals in my BOM list, using values from a Excel file. Am I doing something wrong or is it a limitation of SolidWorks (it is probably me )?

Thanks

Outcomes