2 Replies Latest reply on Mar 21, 2008 3:54 PM by Michael Mueller

Insufficient Data in Results File

Michael Mueller
      Does anyone out there know how to trouble shoot the error: Insufficient Data in Results File? I am trying to analyze a pull test fixture made up of a 12' x 4.5' base of I-beams and a thick plate with a shackle mount attached and braced with I-beams cut at 45 degree angles on either end. These add up to 13 total parts. An 80,000 lb load is applied to the face of the hole in the shackle mount and the bottom of the base I-beams are restrained.

I successfully analyzed a smaller assembly which did not include the I-beam base, only the plate, the shackle mount, and the I-beam braces. I have tried making these as one sub-assembly and the base as another as well as all of the parts in one assembly but I keep getting the same error.

Everything goes along fine until I click on my results. Has anyone been able to overcome this issue?

Thanks,
      Mike
        • Insufficient Data in Results File
          Joe Rochinski
          Is the solver is running to completion without errors? The solver is a separate process so if it were to fail or crash, it would just send you back to solidworks, usually with an error that analysis failed. Try using the other solver, you have a choice between FFEPlus and Direct Sparse.
            • Insufficient Data in Results File
              Michael Mueller
              Joe,

Thanks for the response.

It actually ran all the way through without error, but when I clicked on Stress results I get the Insufficient Data in Results File error. It doesn't crash it just doesn't give results.

Using an alternate solver sounds like a good idea but I actually was able to get results by running it again with Draft quality mesh although Solidworks crashed a couple of times.

By the way, I am running an Intel DualCore Processor at 1.80 GHz, 2.00 GB, and 20 GB of allocated hard drive space.

Thanks,
              Mike