6 Replies Latest reply on Nov 5, 2008 5:45 PM by 1-8NPNVX

Missing Templates

I recently did a re-install to go from SW2008 SP 3.0 back to SP 0.0 because of an unrelated problem with NASTRAN exports in the new SP.....

Anyway, I went to do some drawings, and all of the default drawing templates are gone. I tried a full re-install and the templates are still gone.

Can anyone tell me how to re-install the templates? Are there any other files that might have gone missing with these?

I can save the templates of drawings I have previously done and re-use those, which is an OK workaround, but I'd still like the default templates.

Thanks,
      Steve
        • Missing Templates
          Tony Cantrell
          Check your file locations under Tools-Options-System Options
            • Missing Templates
              Chad Wren
              I had the same problem. When I installed SW2009 it was pointing to a 2008 folder that did not exist. I had to goto system options and change the default file location for "sheet formats" to C:\ProgramData\Solidworks\SolidWorks 2009.
            • Missing Templates
              I never found a solution to this.

Can anyone tell me where to get the *.drt; *.slddrt default drawing templates? I have done a clean install of 2009 and the templates are still missing. They are not on my computer. If I can download the templates somewhere, I'd be happy. This is extremely annoying.

Thanks,
              Steve
              • Missing Templates
                Thanks everyone, I got it. I pointed SW at the right 2009 folder and it works now.

It looks like when I had to switch back and forth between 2008 SP 0 and SP 5 for analysis reasons, SW somehow reverted back to the 2007 file path, and that carried over into 2009. I searched for *.slddrt files, but windows found none, so I thought I had lost them completely. Still not sure why it missed all the template files, but I found them, so I'm happy enough.