AnsweredAssumed Answered

Speedpak crashing

Question asked by Dean Baragar on May 31, 2016
Latest reply on Jun 6, 2018 by Tom Perry

Hi,

I'm working on a very large assembly at the moment, so I started using Speedpaks on all the components to speed up the model.  This worked fine for a week or so, but now one by one, all of the subassemblies that I had speedpaked are causing SW to crash.  The first component wouldn't even let me save the main assembly, so I deleted it and rebuilt (this time suppressing most of the parts instead of using speedpak).  Now some of my other components are causing crashes.  If I open the drawing, it comes up as blank, so I open the model, try to change to the non-speedpak config, and it crashes.  Or try to update speedpak, and it crashes.  Or try to directly open a non-speedpak config, and it crashes.

The first model this happened to was quite large (7400 KB) with multiple configs and 2 different speedpaks, so I can see how that may have been an issue, but the latest one to cause this problem is quite simple, and a very small assembly (700 KB).  In hindsight, I probably shouldn't have speedpaked the second one, but it is nice to be able to see all the components, instead of suppressing most of them.

Has anyone else had any issues with speedpaks crashing, and if so is there a work around?  Currently I have 2 completely unusable models that I'll have to rebuild, and I'd like to prevent more.  I checked on multiple computers and had same issue.

Solidworks 2016 SP 3.0

Rx is all check marks

Outcomes