3 Replies Latest reply on Mar 5, 2008 2:27 PM by Eddie Cyganik

Rev Jump

Bryan Obermeyer
      When creating a new solid work drawing of a drawing from another system.....
      ex: I want to create the drawing with the first rev at D.
      In the past I have just "Add Revision" until I reached the correct rev.
      Finding a drawing at rev AD, this would be time consuming.
      Is there a way to Jump Revisions?
      We do use PDMWorks (though not to or full advantage, i.e. no one can agree and no one is in charge (Bad combination!)
        • Rev Jump
          Eddie Cyganik

Bryan,

We don't use revision tables as our PDM package controls our revs.

However, this would be a good ER and the ideal place would be on the Sheet Properties dialog box, right along side of; Next View Label & Next Datum.
          • Rev Jump
            Daniel Eelman
            Can't you edit the "revision" property of the drawing and enter whatever revision letter you need? As for PDMWorks, you should be able to select "read from file" for the revision level when you check it in. I'm not sure, but you may have to go into the Admin program and check the box to "allow revision bumping"
            • Rev Jump
              Eddie Cyganik

Bryan,

Add the revision as you normally do, then place a revision symbol. Next, double-click on the revision symbol and rename it (in your case "D" or "AD"). Once you have done this, the Rev Ltr in the Revision History block will update to match. Also, the next revision that is added will properly follow the last one.