AnsweredAssumed Answered

nVidia 570 Screen Flicker/Flash

Question asked by Van Stokes on Mar 5, 2008
Latest reply on Apr 9, 2008 by Wim Van Der Velden
I am using an nVidia 570 under Vista x32 running SW 2008 SP3. I am experiencing a screen flash/flicker problem. I started investigating it and stumbled upon what may be the issue:

Quadro WHQL driver dated September 21 supporting 144 GPU's.

For Vista:

ISSUES RESOLVED

* Application profiles are missing for specific I-DEAS executable files.
* GLView - the second monitor is blank when running the rendering test.
* Microsoft SDK ShadowVolume - the screen flashes when using an odd number of lights.
* Localization, NVIDIA Control Panel: The 3D Settings->Manage 3D Settings->Global Settings tab: "Exported pixel types" text is not localized.
* The NVIDIA Control Panel Rotation function is not available.
* NVIDIA Quadro FX 1700: Far Cry - blue-screen crash occurs when running the benchmark.
* NVIDIA Quadro FX 3450: The dialog box which opens after attempting to rotate the secondary monitor in Dualview mode doesn't close using "X" button.

NOTE THIS:

* Microsoft SDK ShadowVolume - the screen flashes when using an odd number of lights.

I am using the certified nVidia drivers from the SW site but these drivers don't appear to address this problem under Vista. This flicker/flash is VERY annoying and would like to upgrade to a newer version to eliminate the flash/flicker. Is anyone else successfully running a newer driver version? Which one?

Outcomes