3 Replies Latest reply on Mar 4, 2008 6:33 PM by Charles Culp

Units in Document Properties

Wayne Bird
      When we upgraded to SW2008 I can no longer change the number of decimals for mass properties. Can someone please tell me how I can change this? I was able to change this in SW2007.

Thanks
        • Units in Document Properties
          Dan Riffell
          With '08 you have to click in the box in order to get the drop-down arrow to appear. Then you should be able to change the # of decimals.
              Wayne Bird
              I can't to click in the box in order to get the drop-down arrow to appear because the box is grayed out. I found out the number of decimal places for mass properties is driven by the number of decimals in the length properties under the Mass/Section Properties. Therefore, one cannot have different number of decimal places for the different mass/section properties.
                  Charles Culp
                  Wayne,

Just to make sure this is clear, the decimal places for "length" refer to length of mass properties, not of dimensions. All the calculated properties (Length, Mass, Energy, Power, etc) will be set to the decimal length specified in that box.

Dimension Lengths and Dimension Angles will be as per the boxes above that, under "Basic Units".