2 Replies Latest reply on Mar 4, 2008 6:44 PM by Corey Hinman

notification suggestions

Corey Hinman
      Hey all. We are just starting to develop our ECN process. Thus far I've got groups of standard approvers (Quality, Engineering, etc) and their users. I send the ECN to a "Email notifications loop" where I use variables to check who the selected user is (checks all users in the Quality group for example) and then send them an email notification for approval purposes. Our data card for the ECN document contains all these standard groups.

Does anyone have a suggestion for when you have to include a non-standard approver in the list? So far all I have come up with is logic similar to above, a workflow that checks ALL users in the system and matches their username and then sends an email.

Setting up that workflow would be a huge PITA.

Thanks
      Corey
        • notification suggestions
          Jeff Sweeney
          Have you looked at the discussion thread: "On-The-Fly" email notifications ? It isn't exactly the solution you are looking for, but it might work for you?
            • notification suggestions
              Corey Hinman
              I saw that post, but I know nothing of programming. I've set data cards to tie into our ECN system. Users selected necessary approvers from several groups, like Engineering. I set the GRP Engineering variable to the Engineer selected then I run through a email notification workflow that goes from group to group and sends an email if the transition criteria of GRP Engineering is met.

For those rare occasions when someone else needs notified, i could create a larger "Other" group and use the same logic, but seems cumbersome.