2 Replies Latest reply on Feb 27, 2008 1:08 PM by Rene Daanen

Weight on data card

Rene Daanen
      Hi there,

I'm trying to find out a way of putting the weight of a solidworks part/assembly on the profilecard in PDMWE.
      I tried to do this through the customproperty (first make sure there is a customproperty 'weight' which refers to the mass of the product (i.e. "SW-Mass@@Default@SW-202048.SLDPRT")

My problem is, that when I do this, the value is visible in the data card (sometimes it says: SW-Mass@@Default@SW-202048.SLDPRT). But when I udpate and save the data card, the 'SW-Mass@@Default@SW-202048.SLDPRT' will be overwritten by the value. If you change the model, the mass will not update anymore.

In the admin guide, I also saw that it should be possible to use the Block name '$PRP' (instead of custom property), with the attribute name 'SW-MassProp-Config-0'
      I can't get this working.

Has anyone done this already?

Thanks in advance

Ir. Rene Daanen
      Cadmes B.V.
        • Weight on data card
          Donnie Carpenter
          I gather weight for all my parts in PDMWE and never had a problem. The only thing that i can see that i do different than you is, in SW I do not reference a configuration. example: "SW-Mass@Part.SLDPRT". Also I have the property under custom properties not configuration specific properties. (not sure if yours is like that)
          Hope that helps
          • Weight on data card
            Rene Daanen
            Hi Donnie,

I don't know, but anyway, mass should be configuration specific, as the size, or material of the model can vary each configuration.

Thanks anyway,

Rene