AnsweredAssumed Answered

I can no longer upgrade the HUL

Question asked by Bernie Andreoli on Feb 21, 2008
Latest reply on Feb 24, 2008 by Anna Wood
I just recently tried to upgrade our HUL that is installed on my home system from SW2008SP0.1 to 2.1. The upgrade fails. I contacted our VAR and after we tried several times to upgrade to the latest SP he said he got word from Solidworks that if you have a SNL license the HUL is no longer upgradable. All other types of licenses are upgradable except the SNL. This is a real problem for me on many levels, least of which I have to practice with out of date, buggy software. Our current setup is 2 network licenses and when we were originally sold the software we were told and shown the EULA that 2 HUL's were included.

The real problem I face is it took a little over 2 years to convince the owner of our company to get a seat of Solidworks then several several more months to get the second seat. Two of us got in for some training with assurances that we would be able to practice at home. We don't use solidwords everyday and sometimes go 2 or 3 weeks between sessions so to stay sharp we would practice at night. I dread the thought of him finding out about this because it will put an end to getting any other seats...that is just the way he is. Not to mention my butt being on the line.

Anyway, to cut to the chase, I hope somebody from SW will see the problem they are creating and fix it, but in the mean time I'm looking for suggestions to overcome this crazy problem. I had high regard for Solidworks until this came up.

Thanks for the vent.

Bernie

Outcomes