8 Replies Latest reply on Feb 26, 2008 10:07 AM by Luke Malpass

MS Office 07 Problems

Mitch Dohman
      We are still running 2007 SW, SP4.0 I believe... Is there a known issue with SolidWorks and Office? We have one computer that will stop responding when trying to edit a spreadsheet.
        • MS Office 07 Problems
          Jeff Hamilton
          That doesn't sound good. Our whole office is just upgrading to Office 2007. But we are running SW2008 though....
            • MS Office 07 Problems
              Brian Cayer
              I'm not sure but I remember reading somewhere on these forums that Excel in MSO 2007 has different file extensions than .xls or .xlt.
              I looked for the post in search but found nothing.

Then again this might be something I picked up while tripping in the merry old land of OZ today.
                • MS Office 07 Problems
                  Anna Wood
                  I would try setting your Office 2007 Excel files to save as a pre-Office 2007 file. There is a setting in the Excel options that can control this. This will also allow any folks that do not have Office 2007 to be able to open your files.

Office 2007 is a newer file format, with new file extensions.

Cheers,
                    • MS Office 07 Problems
                      Jeff Hamilton
                      Have you tried this? Our network people supposedly set up our Office 2007 to save as the previous version automatically, but it doesn't work with Solidworks. I assume this is becaue you are not saving the file externally to the hard drive or other location, but the information is imbedded in the model. Anyway, our users that have not yet upgraded cannot open our design tables.
                      There is however a Microsoft converter that is supposed to work.
                        • MS Office 07 Problems
                          Anna Wood
                          Jeff,

No, I have not tried it. Just offering something to look at as a possible solution.

Would be nice for someone from SW to jump in here with the scoop.

Be sure to get the VAR's in the loop to get a SPR in the loop. Compatibility with Office 2007 needs to be addressed.

Cheers,
                  • MS Office 07 Problems
                    Drew H
                    Don't appear to be having any difficulty as of yet and we just installed MO 2007 a week ago.
                      • MS Office 07 Problems
                        Bob Stratz
                        I set MS Excel to save as excel 97, and I still get the failed to launch server application. I rarely had a problem with design tables before. Is there a fix for this yet? Anybody?
                          • MS Office 07 Problems
                            Luke Malpass
                            We are having just the same problem with Failed to launch server application popping up when trying to edit a design table. The problem is even the machine with MS07 on gets it, but the error first appeared on the machine with 07 on, so it looks like that has caused it in the first place.

Anyone have a solution yet?