3 Replies Latest reply on Nov 8, 2010 12:32 PM by qinghai jin

Problem with assembly in context sketching

Tim Yount

When creating a tubing sub-assembly (fittings, tube, etc) within a larger assembly, Solidworks stopped allowing me to create an incontext mate of my tubing sketch in the main assembly. Let me clear that up. I have a sub assembly with a 3D assembly sketch in it. I insert that sub assembly into my main assembly and mate its origin to a component. I then edit the assembly sketch in the sub assembly while I am in the main assembly. In this sketch I mate the end of my 3d sketch line to another component, exit the sketch and go back to the main assembly. I now have a sub-assembly with a 3d sketch that is tied to a component in my main assembly and if the component moves, my tube run will update. What is happening now is while editing the 3d sketch and selecting items to mate, Solidworks will not give me a mate interface window. Instead, it only opens a properties window. This happed before and had a rather easy fix, but I cant rember the fix. Has anyone else had this problem and been able to correct it?