AnsweredAssumed Answered

SW performance & older files in the vault

Question asked by Noel Jones on Feb 13, 2008
Latest reply on Aug 28, 2008 by John Matrishon
Ok here is the issue as best as I can determine. I hope someone can help. I am also calling my VAR for support on this issue.

Older version sw file checked into vault. A user checks out the older version part and takes ownership to edit it. He is still logged in the vault. He then clicks on a feature and sees an hour glass for 5 to 10 seconds before a menu pops up. Clicks edit the feature or edit sketch an hour glass again for 5 to 10 seconds. He then clicks on dimension in the sketch or edit feature property to be changed again waits 5 to 10 seconds. Changes said item and again waits 5 to 10 seconds for it to accept change. All other functions appear to be working normally only when editing features in some way does performance lag. Rebuilding and saving of the file seem to work fine. Just a note, the delay can be shorter or longer depending on the size of the file, number of features and their complexity.

I can save as a sw2008 version part check that into the vault and check that part out of the vault and I get the same scenario.

If I save the part to a new file name, check it into the vault then check it out to edit, all works as expected. No delay between commands. Also new files created with 2008 and checked in and out of the vault also work as expected. No performance issues.

Now refer to the older file checked out of the vault scenario. User checks out the file and then logs out of the vault. The file can be edited as expected. No delay in performance at all.

We work in a multi-user environment. So I have "Set filesystem read-only attribute if not owner" and "Bind ownership to SW read-write / read-only access" both checked (enabled). This seems to be the safest way to work.

Help please.........

Outcomes