AnsweredAssumed Answered

Render Section View

Question asked by Rezwan Husain on Feb 8, 2008
Latest reply on Feb 8, 2008 by Rob Rodríguez
First things first - my name is Todd, not Rezwan - I'll worry about getting that fixed later...(old employee vs. new employee thing...)

Here's my issue - I'm trying to render a section view of an assembly. The faces exposed by the section plane DO NOT exhibit the properties of the material assigned to each part. Most of the parts are assigned alloy steel, but I have orings and backing rings assigned rubber and plastic, plus some fasteners (socket head cap crews).

The outer faces of the parts are all shiny and show reflections, but every single face on the section plane where the part is "sliced open" is just plan dull - I cannot find any way to get those faces to do anything other than be dull. I tried assigning shiny chrome to things, and the outside faces are shiny just like they're supposed to be, but the sliced faces are dead for shine.

I was tempted to apply materials to those faces, but they're not "real" faces - you can't assign materials while in a section view (when dragging and dropping from the PW library panel thing).

Note that the section view I'm trying to render is simply a view from the view toolbar using the "section view" button.

SW2007 is what I have right now.

Thanks for any help you are able to provide.

Todd B.

Outcomes