AnsweredAssumed Answered

Bom Cutting List Layout Problem

Question asked by Mark Littlefair on Feb 7, 2008
Latest reply on Feb 7, 2008 by Mark Littlefair
Hi, its my first post so please be kind...

I am trying to set up a BOM from several assemblies of kitchen units which are all in one large assembly. My problem is to show all the part sizes as an indented BOM produces a huge cutting list and I would like to arrange it so that each unit has one line across the BOM with all the asssociated parts sizes reading across the same line.

The only way I can think of doing this is to create lots of annotations at the top assembly level so I can then bring them through all on one line in the BOM. This is very time consuming and creates masses of annotaions all on the top level assembly.

I have attached a couple of examples I have done so far, the zip file "correct bom" has the layout we are trying to achieve but this only seeems possible as a top level BOM and obviously all the custom properties have to be filled in at this top level of the assembly.

The example "Indented BOM" has all the custome properties required at part level which obviously come through on an indented BOM but the BOM will be huge once we add lots of Units into the main assembly.

Any help appreciated.

Mark

Attachments

Outcomes