1 Reply Latest reply on Feb 6, 2008 7:25 PM by Eddie Cyganik

MOVING DIAMETER DIMS FROM SECTION VIEW TO DETAIL VIEW

Gene  Sawyer
      I have a section view in which I have large and small diameters on so in order to see all diameters I make a detail view. I know in SW07 once you dragged the diameter dims over you could supress either the first or second leader and extension, does SW08 have this option or what? I see the forshortened property but I dont want both leaders or that zigzag thing. Thanks for any help
        • MOVING DIAMETER DIMS FROM SECTION VIEW TO DETAIL VIEW
          Eddie Cyganik
          Gene,

The "Foreshortened" method is per ASME standards and is newer functionality. Personally, I love it. However, you can use the older method if you choose.

If you are have problems getting the dimension itself into the detail view, then use the old method of getting it there. Simply enlarge your detail view (by expanding the detail circle) until the geometry for the dimension is exposed. At this point, you should be able to Shift-Select the dimension in the section view and drag it to the detail view. Once the dimension is in place, reset your detail view back to its original size and then modify the display of your dimension and/or extension lines. You should be able to RMB on an extension line and choose Hide.