6 Replies Latest reply on Feb 4, 2008 8:08 PM by John Burrill

jpg resolution

Mike Agan
      Is there any way to adjust the resolution of jpg output?
        • jpg resolution
          Charles Culp
          I suggest exporting as a "printer resolution" .TIF file.

Save As... choose .TIF then click on Options... button in the lower right. Set the resolution from 100dpi (low res) to 300dpi (high res). Then open up the file in an image editor, and resize and resave as required. You can use Microsoft Office Picture Manager if you have Office 2003 or better, if you have no other photo editing software.

*edit: I should also add. It is much better to use .gif or .png for saving drawing files, they will compress much smaller, and the lines will be considerably crisper. They are both common files, like .jpg, that any computer should be able to read.
            • jpg resolution
              Kevin Quigley
              What's wrong with pdf? PDF is a vector based format and provide you let the drawing fully rebuild before saving you can save a pdf directly. I am also experimenting with the new .psd, .ai Adobe formats from SW 2008 as well.
                • jpg resolution
                  Dan Riffell
                  You can adjust the resolution if you render the image with PhotoWorks. However, for non-rendered images I use a third-party screen capture tool. It gives me a lot more options to work with.
                  • jpg resolution
                    Charles Culp
                    Kevin,

I don't know what Mike's purpose is. I know that we will have times when we need to imbed a drawing into a Word file. .GIFs just play nicer in Word than imbedding an Adobe PDF OLE object.

Dan,

Because this was in the Drawings category, I was assuming he was talking about exporting drawings at a higher resolution. For models, it's a whole different ballgame.
                    • jpg resolution
                      Peter Zeyher
                      Kevin,

PDF is vector based but the drawing views are embedded as bitmaps or is there a way to change this and to get vector based drawing views from SW?

Peter
                        • jpg resolution
                          John Burrill
                          Shaded views in PDF's are bitmaps. lineart views are vectors. if you create an HLR alternate position view over a shaded view, you'll get vectors over a bitmap. The bitmap is not very high res. (I miss that about the bluebeam exporter)
                          John