2 Replies Latest reply on May 30, 2016 8:56 AM by Alan Walsh

Realview not changing image

Alan Walsh

I recently changed my solidworks machine to a new Dell system but realview will not work since I transferred the licence. I am running SW 2012 standard SP5

The old machine was a Dell T9900 laptop running windows 7 Pro with a quadro FX 3700M card but this is a loan machine and I have to return it once my PC is fully operational. Realview worked perfectly on this system

My new machine is a Dell tower 3420 with a quadro K1200 and windows 8.1 pro

The realview button is not "greyed out" and I can click it but it makes no difference to the image quality.

I used the same SW installer that I used on the laptop and just transferred the licence but I have now lost this functionality.

I have reinstalled the video drivers, used realhack, changed the configuration in Nvidia control panel, repaired the SW install, checked the openGL status but the image always the same rubbish quality with realview on or off. In some cases it gets worse by loosing textures! Ambient occlusion also is not functioning.

Is this a compatibility issue with windows 8 and SW 2012 or is there something else that I am missing?

Thanks