4 Replies Latest reply on Jan 14, 2008 12:39 PM by shawn wingate

.x_t import issues

shawn wingate
      Recently we've been tinkering with the idea of some laser CMM work to get a lot of our old castings into a model quicker than modeling them ourselves from the 2d hand drawings from the early 1900's. We outsourced this particular part to RIT (our company bought them a building). Anyways, we've had success with using the laser CMM, however once it's imported I can do nothing with it.

Is this a file issue, or was it possibly saved in a format that didn't contain the point cloud information I need? I'd attach it, however the site says the format is not allowed. It is a .x_t

Thanks,
      Shawn Wingate
        • .x_t import issues
          Josh Mings
          unless I'm mistaken, .x_t really isn't a point cloud, it's a solid. So that may be one thing if you're trying to bring in point cloud information. You may want to check the version your exporting and able to import. select options after select .x_t in the save as. You may also want to try other formats just to see if one works better. maybe .iges or .stl.
          • .x_t import issues
            shawn wingate
            I have a few formats now to work with, and my computer is currently trying to process one of the "mesh" files. RIT also sent over a few "point" files, but I had little luck with them. They're using geomagic exported to unigrafix. The file types are stl, dxf, and wrl. I have two dxf's, one with the mesh, and the other with point info.

Which one of these would be best to use? My computer is currently trying to process the "mesh" dxf.
            • .x_t import issues
              shawn wingate
              Would anyone be willing to look at one of these four files to see if they can do something with them? I tried Rhino, but had no success...