0 Replies Latest reply on Jan 10, 2008 3:30 PM by Jessica Hughes

Lines removed from DWG file

Jessica Hughes
      I'm trying to save a drawing as DWG file, but everytime I go to save it deletes a portion of my drawing.
      The drawings is of a plastic case with a handle (not a complicated part). The handle was created as a sweep feature and is not hidden. This is the only feature that is not showing up when saved. I can view it in my SW drawing, but as soon as I try to save it as a DWG or DXF, it removes it from both my saved CAD files as well as the SW drawing I am viewing. In the DWG files it removes it completely, but in the SW drawing file, it is just not visible. I can still select it with my mouse, but I cannot see it or "unhide" it. If I toggle between my view with hidden line and HLR it reappears.
      Anyone else have this problem? Any suggestions on how to fix it?
      I thought it might be a graphics problem, but I don't understand why it only dissappears when I save. Never seen SW do this before.
      Using NVIDIA GeForce FX 5200 graphics card.

Update: OK, I figured out what was wrong, but not why it was wrong. All the views that wouldn't show up were projected. I changed them all to original front, top, side, etc. views and had no problems. I don't think I should have had to do that, but at least it works.