9 Replies Latest reply on Jan 10, 2008 10:59 PM by Nicole Lewis

Errors with Lofts

Nicole Lewis
      I am trying to create a loft over a 3-D surface but the same error message appears every time I try to complete it. The message reads: Error, multiple contours. What does this message mean, and how might I fix it?

Thank you,

NCSU Student
        • Errors with Lofts
          Matt Lombard
          It means one of your sketches has multiple contours. SolidWorks loft profile follow very definite rules. Sketches need to be tidy and exact.

If you use the Selection Manager, you can make sloppy sketches and just select the stuff you want.

It would be easier if you just posted your part than to try to teach you all of this stuff in general.
            • Errors with Lofts
              Dan Riffell
              Hey, what happened to Fritz the Cat?!?
              • Errors with Lofts
                Nicole Lewis
                In general, I'm trying to model the pulmonary valve located in the heart. I've taught SolidWorks to myself, so I still am on a very basic level.

I've started by making a stencil of half of a valve leaflet, and once I make the loft I am planning to mirror the loft across the midplane. Now if only the loft would work!

I tried to submit my SLDPRT file, but it will not upload successfully. Therefore, I've attached a jpg file illustrating what I am trying to do (its the best I could do!).

I can trying sending an e-mail with my part attached, that might work better.

Thank you!

NCSU Student