7 Replies Latest reply on Jan 10, 2008 3:24 PM by Jessica Bartels

Hole callouts

Jessica Bartels
      I have a drawing that has a couterbore on it. When I use hole call out to define it, it displays the depth, size in decimal, and number of instances.

Is there a way to display the fractional counter bore size? If I am making a counterbore for a 3/8" cap screw, i would like it to show C'Bore for 3/8" on the drawing in the hole callout along with everything else.

Is this possible?
        • Hole callouts
          Neal Rusy
          Click on the dim then go to other in your feature manager then click on fraction

Sorry, you must click on override units first then fractions. the other way is to change your template to fractions
            • Hole callouts
              Jessica Bartels
              Neal,
              Either I don't understand something, or it is a 2008 feature.
              I know I can change my units in tools options to fractions, however I want all my dimensions to be inch decimal, and then have my counter bore size called out as a fraction.
              I tried using smart dimension and over riding the dimension, but did not know where in the feature tree to click on fraction to change it.

I also tried this method with a hole call out and ordinate dimension just to see if I could find a fraction option in the feature tree, but no such luck.

Any suggestions on what I am doing wrong?
            • Hole callouts
              Eddie Cyganik
              Jessica,

You are asking for two different things; Correct?

#1 Factional Size of Hole

#2 Description of hole via Fastener Size.

For the second, create a Hole Callout, then select the "variables" button. Somewhere on the list are a couple of choices for the description of the fastener that the hole is for.

I'm leaving for the day but tomorrow I'll check back and provide a bit more information.
                • Hole callouts
                  Jessica Bartels
                  Eddie,
                  Thanks...
                  That helps with a majority of it.
                  Is there a way to set my hole callouts so it knows that I want it to display the fastener type and size automatically, so I don't have to go into each hole call out and then go into variables and set it manually?
                    • Hole callouts
                      Eddie Cyganik
                      Jessica,

The name/location of the file is:

Drive:\Program File\SolidWorks Load Point\lang\english\calloutformat.txt

Caution: Be sure to locate this modified file on a network drive, then point to the file via File Locations - Hole Callout Format File