1 Reply Latest reply on Jan 9, 2008 7:15 AM by j s

SW2008 x64 - Sticky FILE,VIEW,TOOL, INSERT etc etc Menu

j s
      Searched to see if if this problem has occured elsewhere but found nothing, so apologies if I've asked the questioned again.

does anybody elses 'flyout' FILE,VIEW, INSERT et etc menu behave in a jittery manner.

Mine flies out OK and I can 'pin' it in position but then when I move the mouse over it to select FILE or any of the others on the list it becomes very jittery and jams my machine for 10 -20 seconds.

Using the correct video driver from the SW site.

Is there a workaround which gets these FILE, VIEW, Insert, Tools, Toolbox, ect anywhere else?

I've checked the BIOS - it is the latest available from DELL, who deny any compatibility problem with SW2008.

I've checked my file locations and prefernaces and they are all standard and OK

Any other thoughts

Regards

Jonathan
        • SW2008 x64 - Sticky FILE,VIEW,TOOL, INSERT etc etc Menu
          j s
          Well an improvement has been found.

Saw on the SW site for video drivers that there is a new nvidia driver certified for another better card than mine ( the cheap quadro fx550). Gave it a shot and it is much better. However I have not yet used sw in anger since this so there may be a 'step back' elsewhere. Lets hope not.

Driver now using

162.50_quadro_winxp64_english_whql.exe

My SW screen also seems sharper and the sw2008 "fuzz" that was present has cleared up.

Jonathan