2 Replies Latest reply on Jan 8, 2008 6:30 PM by Charles Culp

how to NOT select sketches

Tom Mathieson
      Hi All,

how do i keep Sw from hiliting sketch entites in a drawing? if you look at the pics attached, one shows the dwg as it looks, the other shows a sketch entity that is hilited as i move my cursor over it... i believe i have all the seetings right in Perferences, but it still hilites. have View> Sketches unchecked. funny thing, it doesn't do it in part mode (sketch entities do not hilite), but they do in drawings.... why.....

thanks to all,

Tom
        • how to NOT select sketches
          Troy Peterson
          You can "lock view focus" but I don't think you can hide view focus.

You can lock views, sheets, or view positions by right-clicking an item and selecting:

Lock View Focus. Allows you to add sketch entities to a view, even when the pointer is close to another view. You can be sure that the items you are adding belong to the view you want. You can also double-click a view to lock the focus.

Lock Sheet Focus. Allows you to add sketch entities to the sheet. Otherwise, the sketch entities belong to the view that is closest to where you begin sketching. You can also double-click a sheet to lock the focus. Lock Sheet Focus is available when at least one drawing view is present. When Lock Sheet Focus is enabled, the drawing sheet border is pink.

Lock View Position allows you to fix the drawing view in place. Right-click anywhere in the drawing view and select Lock View Position.
          • how to NOT select sketches
            Charles Culp
            Tom,

If you actually select all of the sketches (in the model view, not in the drawing), and hide each one, then they will not be able to be highlighted with a "mouseover".