AnsweredAssumed Answered

PDMWorks 2008 SP01.1 Install Failure

Question asked by Chris Boylan on Jan 5, 2008
Latest reply on Jan 31, 2008 by Kenneth Nyren
I am attempting to install PDMWorks Workgroup Server 2008 SP01.1 on my production vault server. I previously had versions 2005, 2006, 2007 on this same server. All previous versions were wiped clean (including a thorough file search and registry clean). I have always performed a very thorough clean of older versions of SolidWorks software before installing new ones.

During the installation process, the following error is generated:

Product: PDMWorks Workgroup Server 2008 sp01.1 -- Error 1722.There is a problem with this Windows Installer package. A program run as part of the setup did not finish as expected. Contact your support personnel or package vendor. Action Register_i386_pdmworks.dll, location: C:\WINDOWS\system32\, command: regsvr32 "C:\Program Files\Common Files\SolidWorks Shared\PDMWORKS.dll" /s

The installation fails at this point, leaving the software in a partially-installed state. If I attempt to manually register this DLL file, I receive the following error:

DllRegisterServer in C:\Program Files\Common Files\SolidWorks Shared\PDMWORKS.dll failed. Return code was: 0x80070005

The error is generated regardless if I use the Installation Manager or the downloaded PDMW installation files (.msi setup). The server is Windows 2003 SP2. I have successfully installed this software on two other test servers, each with similar configurations (OS, pre-reqs, etc.).

While I wait for my VAR to respond to my cry for help, does anyone have any suggestions for me?

Outcomes