8 Replies Latest reply on Jan 5, 2008 11:56 AM by Charles Culp

Keyboard Shortcut for Exit Sketch

Charles Culp
      There is a keyboard shortcut for exit sketch without saving changes (see attachment), but what about one with saving changes? Does anyone know if this is possible?

Is it assumed that I will want to quickly undo my work all the time, but if I actually manage to draw something properly, I will bask in the glory of actually doing something correctly and not mind using the mouse to click the confirmation corner?

Mainly this has become an issue as I try to two-thousand-and-eight myself, and I'm trying to do everything with the "s" shortcut toolbar. So far, I might be able to convert myself, but I can't always keep my mouse over the model if I have to use the confirmation corner.
        • Keyboard Shortcut for Exit Sketch
          Matt Lombard
          Yeah, what about Ctrl-B?
          • Keyboard Shortcut for Exit Sketch
            Charles Culp
            I guess I just didn't play around with Ctrl-E enough. I think that's my plan.

Jerry, the problem is with SW2008's "s" shortcut, which changes based on what you are doing. I already loaded it with almost all the sketch tools I will ever use (it is two rows, and about 10 wide). If I now add all the possible things I can do with it after I sketch it, it would then be at least 4 more fly-out buttons; but if I wanted to use individual buttons it could be a few dozen. I even tried adding buttons to it for Sketch and 3DSketch, but it just seemed clumsy hitting a hotkey and then finding the button and pressing it. That being said, in 2007 and previous that's actually what I would do, hit the button for whatever I was going to do while still in the sketch.

I think I'm with Matt on this one, and I'm going to develop hotkeys for most things that I work on.