4 Replies Latest reply on Jan 2, 2008 2:39 PM by Dan Riffell

Convert Entities

Tim Koritz
      I have a sketch that I would like to project onto another plane that is tilted 5 degrees from the origin. However, instead of projecting normal to either plane, I would like the sketch to follow the angle of the tilted plane. I hope that makes sense. I have attached a jpg to help clarify. Anyone have any great ideas? Thx.
        • Convert Entities
          Kelvin Lamport
          You could just copy-n-paste the sketch from one plane to the other. You would have to constrain the origin in the copied sketch, but that's no big deal.
          • Convert Entities
            Matt Lombard
            Extrude from plane1 using the construction line you have drawn in the Direction Of Extrusion box, and extrude Up To Surface, selecting Plane2 as the surface. The end of the extrusion will be the equivalent of the sketch you are asking for. There is no direct way to project a sketch like you are asking.
              • Convert Entities
                Tim Koritz
                Thanks for the replies guys. I am creating a lay out sketch for a rather large assembly so extruding won't work. I considered the copy sketch idea but I am aprehensive about using that for some reason that I have yet to come up with.

I have noticed that 2008 has a layout command. Haven't gotten a chance to explore this but I wonder how it is different then just creating a sketch. I started this using 2007 so I don't think I can use the command at this point.